The Great Southern Street Machine Association will be staging a series of heats to establish the Rocker Cover Racer Champion at their 27th Annual Show and Shine on Sunday September 24th 2023. Rocker Cover Racing Entry is free and open to all ages of the public. One entry per person only. Trophy for the Fastest Rocker Cover and the Best Looking.
Entry forms are at the bottom of this page or at the Rocker Cover Racing Track on the day to fill out, you will also receive an entry number. Rocker Cover Racers will need to be entered between 10:00 am – 11:00 am are to be on display and will be scrutineered with racing commencing at 1:00 pm, The Entrant must be present for their car to run.
Please ensure you follow the rules:
• Cars shall be based on an actual rocker cover (valve cover) from a car engine. There shall be no limitation on engine make, model, cylinder configuration, or displacement.
• Cars must retain at least 75% of the original rocker cover, weigh no more than 4 kg and must not have any form of mechanical propulsion or steering. Gravity is your friend.
• Cars must have 3 or 4 wheels, each no greater than 15 centimetres in diameter, with the car’s overall length no more than 60cm and not more than 30cm wide.
• Racing will run in heats of 2 cars each. The first car to have its front wheels cross the finish line at least 2 out of 3 times shall be declared the winner. If neither car makes it to the finish line the closest to finish will take the win. Winning cars will advance to the next round until all are eliminated – except one champion! (The Judges’ decision is final)
• Entrants wishing to wear racing clothes, fireproof overalls, helmets, etc., do so at their own risk of being laughed at.
• Downforce wings, spoilers, air dams, etc. are all permitted. They probably won’t do any good, but we will all get a good chuckle out of them.
• Sponsorship logos, racing stickers and car names are all encouraged.
Click here to download the 2023 Rules and Entry Form in PDF Format Rocker Cover Racing 2023.pdf (215 downloads)
or click here to download the 2023 Rules and Entry Form in DOCX Format Rocker Cover Racing 2023.docx (224 downloads)
If the downloads above cause an error click here to go to the alternate downloads page.
or fill in the online form below